Friday, December 28, 2012

How To: Make Your Own Tea Bags

Hey guys! Like I promised, here is a really simple, fun, useful crafty thing to do! Make your own tea bags. Bet you've never thought to do that before!

 
What you will need : Scissors, Coffee Filters, a Sewing Machine,
Loose Leaf Tea (I used my favorite,White Ayurvedic Chai/Samurai Chai Mate from Teavana) ,
a Stapler,  Embroidery Thread, and  Colorful Paper
 
 
1. Cut two rectangles in your coffee filters. I put them together and
 cut them at the same time so they are perfectly even.

 
2. Sew together three sides of the rectangle. Leave one of the shorter sides open.

 
3. Fill your tea bag with 1 1/2 teaspoons of loose leaf tea.

 
4. Sew the top closed.
 
 
5. Cut a piece of embroidery thread 3 to 4 inches. Put the end of the string under
one corner. Fold down both corners, then fold down the top and staple.
 
 
6. Tape a little piece of paper (mine is a heart) at the other end of the string.

 
 
Voila! You are now done! Easy as pie. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial inspired by Amanda.
 
 
I think I'll go drink some tea:) Adios!




No comments:

Post a Comment